We are sincerely grateful to reviewers who give their time to peer-review articles submitted to the Journal of Baghdad College of Dentistry. All manuscripts submitted for publication in our journal are sent for strict and thorough blind peer-reviewing by at least two experts. The Managing Editor of the journal will perform an initial check of the manuscriptâ€™s suitability upon receipt. The Editorial Office will then organize the peer-review process performed by independent experts and collect at least two review reports per manuscript.
Before accepting to review a manuscript, reviewers are asked ensure that:
- The manuscript is within their area of expertise.
- They can dedicate an appropriate time of not more than 3 weeks to conduct a critical review of the manuscript.
Reviewers should ensure that the review process is confidential. Details of the manuscript and the review process should remain confidential during and after the review process.
We ask invited reviewers to:
- accept or decline any invitations quickly, based on the manuscript title and abstract;
- suggest alternative reviewers if an invitation must be declined;
- request an extension in case more time is required to compose a report.
Reviewers are asked to provide an overall recommendation for the publication of the manuscript according to the Paper Evaluation Form.
The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles.